Fri Feb 2
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Saturday, February 3, 2007
-
----Email Message----
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com
Subject: my story

I've been reading the white hat blog since it started up because I thought it was such a great idea, but I'm not much of a movie person. I hadn't gone to a movie in six or seven months. Well, Friday night I went to see Stranger than Fiction with my boyfriend. I wore the same white winter hat I have had for a few years and didn't think much of it. Once we sat down I suddenly remembered the white hat people and looked around. I didn't see a single white hat. I thought, "Oh well" and just watched the movie. At the end of the movie, my boyfriend and I were just waiting for most of the people to clear out before we left and just laughing about the movie when suddenly, I realize, the man that was sitting in front of me was looking at me and smiling. Usually when a man about twice my age looks at me in such a way I would find it to be very uncomfortable. However, not this time; I looked at him and smile back. He was not wearing a white hat but I felt this stranger and I had something it common. This was both very exciting and comforting. Maybe he knows nothing about the WHP and was just a creep but I choose to think the reason he looked at me that way was because we were both in on a little secret.



-Minnesota



----Email Message----
Subject: Valentines day
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007

i doubt i will get to see my boyfriend on v-day. so, even though its a wednesday, i'm planning to go to the movies wearing a white hat.
Mid Valley 8, i think i'll go see Perfume. join me?



----Email Message----
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com
Hi.

Its odd that i ended up on the site for the gazillionth time. I like reading the posts and had always hoped that I wouldn't have a story to share that would be sad.

But I was wrong.

On Sunday, January 28, 2007, my friend I've known since I was six, was killed in a car accident. He was 16. I had just gone to see Epic Movie and had come home and was making cupcakes (my birthday was monday, the 29th) when I found out from my other friend. I began crying and had to literally call other people to find out if it was true. And it still feels like a lie. So my best friend came over and went into to take over mode. She finished everything I was doing and made me sit and talked to me and let me cry. We made the decision that I should go to the movies with her. ANd we went and saw Epic movie. again. And I was sitting in the theater thinking about my friend and without thinking I looked for a white hat, any white hat. It was completely random but was something I did.

I had been feeling alone and only had my best friend with me and at that moment when I looked around the theater I no longer felt alone.

Thank you for being a good distraction for a little while.

Danielle

Cameron Lee, We love and Miss You and you will not be forgotten.



----Email Message----
Subject: Thank you
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007

I’ve been feeling really down lately as I generally feel like I have no friends and all of my old ones hate me (probably just because they are high school boys :P) And I read a few of the stories about people meeting their old friends or friends-thurned-more, and I was reminded that sometimes magical things do happen. And I’m willing to wait just a little while longer to come back. And I have resolved myself that I am buying a white hat. So that every day, I can wake up feeling happy and excited that maybe something amazing will happen—I’ve really needed something to feel like I can live for lately, and I think this might just give me that hope that’s necessary to keep going through the emotional storm. It’s truly amazing to hear thousands of stories from people you’ve never met about fantastic things that happen to them. A reminder that for it’s faults, good things happen, and there’s enough of them to believe that maybe one of them will come my way again, that life could get better.



THANK YOU SO MUCH WHITE HAT PEOPLE!!!!

--Hope in Washington State



----Email Message----
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com
Subject: missing out

Due to my work and school schedule, I have been busy every Saturday night. I am going to the movies with my best friend and a girl who used to be our best friend in high school. It has the potential to be VERY awkward. I am going to wear my white hat. It gives me confidence. Maybe I'll be able to re-break the ice with her.

-Girl in the White Hat at the late shows