The one that started it all
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Saturday, December 9, 2006

This is the postcard that started it all, first posted at PostSecret . Thanks to Frank.
This was the email sent in response that started the White hat idea.
-
-
-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2006 8:22 AM
This Saturday evening I will be waiting for you too. This invitation does not mean that I want to do anything or talk during the movie. But when the darkness leaves the theatre, perhaps we will look into each other's eyes, smile, decide to get a cup of coffee and share a conversation over what we just saw.
-waiting with a white hat
-
-
::::People picked up on the idea of going to the theatre alone and wearing a white hat. Then others expressed intrest in hearing the stories of people who met each other. Thus this page was born, a little place where we can come to share our stories. Whether you have been to the movies alone dozens of times, or never tried it we invite you to join us. If you're going to the movies alone Saturday night wear a white hat and say hello. Or even if you have someone to go with, reach out to someone new. You never know what conversation will be sparked by making a new friend.
Here are a few of the messages from people who have been moved to help make White Hat Stories happen:
-
-
----Email Message----
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:52 PM
Subject: White hat at the movies
I'm a manager at a movie theater, so I tend to work on Saturdays. We're not allowed to wear hats at work, but I'm going to get a whileheadband and wear it every Saturday. Come say hi! Tell me about your movie, I would love to hear about it!
-
-
---Email Message---
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com
Subject: White hats

Hello,

I don't wear hats, but I do wear plain bandanas all the time, and from now on I'll me looking for people in white hats. I'll be wearing a white bandana.
-
-
----Email Message----
Subject: white hats..
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006
I have plenty of friends, and I get out to see them at least once or twice a week.But somehow, when I'm with them, I always feel alone.So maybe this weekend I'll wear a white hat.Thank you.
-
-
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006
Subject: PostSecret: Sunday Secrets
if i were brave enough, i'd wear a white hat to the movies by myself. but the truth is, i'm not brave enough. i don't know if i ever will be. so forthe rest of you white hatters, i hope everything goes just as you want itto. let me know what happens!
i believe in all of you.
-
-
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006
Subject: white hats
I just recently broke up with my boyfriend, so instead of going to a moviewith him tomorrow, I'll be going alone, wearing a white hat.
-
-
----Email Message----
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com
Subject: White Hat Stories
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:40:13 -0500

Hi Becky,

Thank you for creating this Blog. I look forward to reading some stories after Saturday and seeing some pictures too. I am married but I talked my wife into letting me go to the Bethesda Row Theatres with a white hat on to say "hi" to any other white-hatters.

Be well,
-Frank
-
-
::::Thanks all of you. I hope to see some of you out tomorrow night at the movies.