Fri Dec 29; Mr. Tehn
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Saturday, December 30, 2006
-
----Email message----
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com
Subject: A Question of White Hat Etiquete; Mr. Tehn.
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006

I'm a longtime Postsecret fan who just found your blog. All my best
friends in the city where I live are married couples, so it's hard to
get anyone do do anything with me on weekends. Last night, after
failing to get two different friends to accompany me, I attempted to go
to David Lynch's "Inland Empire" by myself, but it was sold out, which
made me feel even more pathetic than if I had successfully gone by
myself. So I bought a ticket for tonight's show (to which nobody can go
with me, either). Are white hats only for Saturday nights or may I
consider tonight's movie, since it is a postponement, an honorary
Saturday-night-movie-alone?

In addition to being a solitary moviegoer I'm also a cartoonist, and
this week I drew a very strange, sad cartoon not quite like anything
I've drawn before. I don't want to use your site for self-promotion,
but I thought your readers might empathize with the plight of the
unfortunate Mr. Tehn. (Sorry there isn't a picture of him at the
movies.) I'm attaching a version to this e-mail but it'll also be
posted on my website this Wednesday: www.thepaincomics.com. I find that
when I'm out eating dinner alone, vizualizing myself as Mr. Tehn makes
me feel better. Although not much.

It's nice to be reminded that our feeling of being hopelessly different
and freakish and alienated is exactly what we all have in common--that
lonelieness is what unites us.

Tim Kreider
::::You can also view this cartoon at http://www.thepaincomics.com/weekly061213.htm or visit http://www.thepaincomics.com to check out other work by Tim Kreider. -Becky