Sat Dec 16
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Saturday, December 16, 2006
-
----Email Message----

Tonight Eragon comes out in theatres, and I can't imagine how packed SilverCity Polo Park is going to be. I was supposed to see it with friends. I was going to wear my white fedora. But my plans were cancelled when my mom caught the flu, and I'm going to look after her. They're still going, of course.

I was a little disppointed to say the least. It was supposed be the first of many nights I would be a white hatter (even if I had friends to go with. it wasn't about that it was meeting someone like me). Lucky I caught D online before his shift at work ended and he would be offline. I asked of only one favour. He was to look through the movie theatre and tell me if anyone was wearing a white hat or headband. It was all I wanted, and it was all I wanted to know. For him to do so would mean so much. But the man he is typed to me one other thing.

"Should I pass along a message if there is?"

And I stopped to think about what I would do-- what I would say-- to another white hatter. Not much. I've never said much in my life. So I told him, "Just say 'hi'. And I wish I could have been there, too."

Because if there's only one white hatter left in those audiences, they would know that they're not alone. I am there, too. But what if there aren't any other white hatters? Well then... that's okay, too.

And tonight, though I'll be home all night, I'll still wear my white fedora.

-- The White Hatter in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.


----Email Message----
Subject: Sombreros Blancos
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 06:14:06 +0000

When I saw the postcard and it's replies, I got a warm feeling inside. I've gone to the movies a couple of times by myself, but mostly because I was angry or frustrated and I wanted to be somewhere alone where nobody would look at me.

I usually use going to the movies as an excuse to hang out with my friends. But from now on each time I'm there I'll be looking out for people with white hats and knowing I'm also watching the movie with them. Maybe if I find the courage I'll invite you to hang out with us, grab a coup of coffe and talk about the movie we just saw.

Maybe I'll get the courage to go see those movies my friends never want to see by myself.

I'll be looking for you in Mexico City.


----Email Message----

Subject: to the girl sitting in the middle of the back row

within the last few months i have confided to my friends that i am a lesbian.though i'm not out, it was a relief to tell them. and i was lucky enough that nothing changed, if anything, it did for the better.

i do not care who your friends are, but they were wrong to stop talking to you since.

now, every movie i see, whether alone or not, i'll think of you.


- a friend in the top row, last seat on the left.


----Email Message----
Subject: More countries!

I read Postsecret every week, and I loved the white had idea. This Saturday I am going to the movies, just to be able to wear a white hat! That, and I get to buy a white hat! I aboslutely love the idea, because, as another reader pointed out, it makes me more of an active participant in this social movement than just an onlooker!

So, people in Stockholm Sweden, look out, for my white hat and I are going to the movies!


----Email Message----
Subject: White Hats.
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:48:29 +0000

Since Monday, there's a woman that gets my bus that wears a white hat.
I don't know whether to talk to her or not.
She might be one of the many people who thinks that annoying schoolkids
are
just out to make a fool of her.
Or she might be in the minority that doesn't.
I'm not confident enough to ask her, I haven't heard of anyone else in
Ireland ever read any PostSecrets.
If I was right; maybe she'll read this & say something to me :]


----Email Message----

Subject:
Inspired

Although I have not yet had a chance to go to the movies in a white
hat, the stories that you post on here insire me to actually put myself
out there and put my hat on and sit alone and hope someone else is there.
I am having a very hard time lately because I have lost a lot of the
people that were close to me. I feel so alone even when surrounded by
other people. I also have to deal with my fiance being in the Marines and
being half way around the world from me. It is great to know that I am
not the only one who is alone for one reason or another. So thank you
to the person who sent their secret into post secret, thank you to the
person who started this group, and thank you to the people who have
taken the courage to go out there and then come home and share their
stories. One day soon I will be waiting at the movies and looking for someone
wearing a white hat.
~Orlando, Fl


----Email Message----
I have been in two relationships in the past two years. I've always wanted someone to send me flowers but they never did. I've never done anything alone, because I'm scared of what people will think. I read PostSecret every sunday and when I saw the blog for white hat people, it finally gave me enough confidence to buy myself a bouquet of flowers (with white roses-my favorite) and I will be going to the movies this saturday by myself wearing a white hat. Thank You

-hull, quebec, canada


----Email Message----
Subject: only...
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:18:26 -0500

Two more weeks until I can finally go to the movies in a white hat.
I can't wait. It's marked off on my calendar and everything!


----Email Message----
Subject: Hi from a White Hatter in Japan
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:03:45 +0900

I'm a regular visitor of PostSecret and ever since the post showed up on the site I've been following all the White Hat stories. I think this whole movement is amazing.

Since Japanese people are shy and we don't really have this custom of chatting with strangers, in a movie theater or anywhere, I think this White Hat thing would never really catch on in my country, but I'm sure there
are people out there who've been silently following the stories just like me, and think it would be great if only some of *us* could meet and say "Hi" someday against all odds. That's why I decided to speak up here, and
also I wanted to let the world know that Asia is part of it, too.

I'll be going to a movie wearing a white hat on Saturdays whenever I've
got a chance. My location is Tokyo, Japan:)


----Email Message----
I have never gone to the movies alone. And I am too afraid to. I sit at home alone rather then go to the movies alone, just sitting instead of going anywhere hurts, it's petty and pathetic and I'm so pathetic for saying it, but it just hurts. I just feel sad, all the time, I don't know why I don't just go to the movies. Comfort myself with the big screens and the solace of the dark. Next Saturday I'll go alone. And the Saturday after that, I'll go alone. And I think I just might buy a white hat, and who knows. Maybe then it wont just hurt, and I'll find someone else who cries too.