Stories from this Weekend
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Monday, December 11, 2006
----Email Message----
Subject: My Secret
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 03:42:21 +0000

Hi Becky,

You don’t have to post this if you don’t want to, but I just want to tell you that I sent in that secret. I’ve been checking “thewhitehatpeople” ever since the link came up (thank-you!), and I feel so overwhelmed by the number of people who can relate to what I wrote. I’ve always loved movies and have been going to them by myself since high school (I’m in university now). I tell people that I don’t mind going to them alone, and that’s the truth. But deep down, I feel a little sad every time I exit the theatre alone with no one to talk to about what I just saw.

When the person replied on PostSecret about the white hats, I just sat at my computer screen and cried. I want to say thank you to that person for showing me I’m not alone.
I wore my white hat tonight and went to see Apocalypto, but unfortunately I didn’t see another white hat in the crowd. I hope that wasn’t the case for everyone else.

Maybe next Saturday…


----Email Message----
I went to the movies last night with friends to go see holiday. As soon as we got to the ticket line, I made sure I looked for someone who had on a white hat. no one. I walked inside and stuck my head out, still, no one. we got inside and it was crowded, definitely a date movie. during the movie I left for the bathroom and when I walked back in, one person had on a white hat. I thought I'd approach her and ask if she knew about postsecret and she did.

in about 2 weeks we're coming to the movies with white hats on, looking for another white hat :-)


----Email Message----
I went to the movies this evening, and though I don't have a white hat...

I was searching for someone who did. I didn't see anyone there, but it was a comfort to know that across the country, or, rather, the world, there were others out there feeling much the way I did. Perhaps the white hat people should make this a more common event.

I think that there's a little bit of white hat in all of us...and there's something to be said for solidarity.

--White Hats of New Jersey


----Email Message----
i just got back from the theater. i didn't see any other white hats, but i'll be looking again next week.
-missouri


----Email Message----
As I was sitting at home alone earlier, I remembered this blog. I checked it earlier in the week, but in getting caught up with my life, forgot to check it again until around the time both my brother and my dad went out for the night. I sat, reading the stories over and over again, and more than anything I wished that I could go to the movies, wearing my white hat.

Instead, I had my friend call me, a friend that I hadn't talked to in far too long. She and I talked for hours about just everything under the sun, anything we could think of. I laughed, I cried, but most of all I talked to someone that I care about, and that I know cares about me, and I felt like I had a friend again. It's not exactly the movies, but it works.

And I was wearing my white hat.


----Email Message----
i was reading a few of the notes people left on the new blog site and, on a whim, asked my roommates if one of them had a white hat i could borrow. i second guessed my decision all the way to the theatre at the tallahassee mall, especially when i arrived and saw how busy it was tonight. still, i went inside, bought my ticket, and sat down in the front by myself to watch the holiday. i saw lots of white hats, but no one else seemed to be alone. that's okay though, because the movie was great and it was exactly the kind of therapy i needed. i left the screening proud, smiling, and with a somewhat lighter heart. here's to many more white hat movies in the future - no longer do i fear braving the theatre alone.


----Email Message----
I went out tonight. I kept my hat in my pocket, but I sat next to someone else who was there alone and we talked about the movie during the intermission. I didn't get around to asking her about postsecret and she didn't mention it either, but we connected, and isn't that the point? Two ships passing in the night...?
Capital Region, New York


----Email Message----
Today, I went to the movies. Things have been stressful because of exams, and I wanted to get some stress release. When I sat down in the back corner, I spotted someone else wearing a white hat. I was so excited, but I didn't want to bother him. After the movie, I hurried to that person's side and asked them if they knew of PostSecret or the White Hat Stories. Amazingly, he said yes!

We're going to have a cup of coffee on Tuesday, right after his exam.

----Email Message----
I am a long way from home and i was feeling a little overly lonely yesterday afternoon. my eyes happened to pass by a calender, and my whole body lit up. it was saturday, and i was going to go to the movies.

white hat perched precariously a top my head, i headed into the theatre..

although i saw no other white hatters... i was full of confidence, rather than wanting to shrink into the red plush seats.

thankyou thankyou thankyou

i'll try again soon.

with love,


----Email Message----
Hello,

I went to Silver City Saturday night and even went really early just to see if anyone showed up (I sat at a table reading the in-house magazine). It's a massive theater though, so I didn't think I would spot anyone, especially the first Saturday of the White Hat People. I love going to movies alone, as there is no guilt or odd feelings if the other person didn't like the film and I did. I plan to go to the movies on a Saturday as often as I can with my white hat, now that I have a reason to go - if you see me, say hi!

Victoria, BC