Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Here are some more of your messages.

----Email Message----
Subject: inspiration

I don't wear hats, I don't even own any. But I might buy myself a white one. And even though I won't go to the movies alone as long as I have my boyfriend, I will remember this thing if I one day would end up alone in the theatre on a saturday. Hoping it'll stick around for that long. Hoping it reaches my country. You see, what you started here isn't US only, this will be worldwide.

Maybe I'll bring my camera to the theatre on a saturday, because even though I probably won't wear a white hat, chances are I'll see someone who does.

Maybe it's you.

----Email Message----
Subject: Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to create the "white hat people" blog!I have been going to movies by myself since 1998, and it is lonely and releasing all in one. I always feel like I am "less-than" as couples and groups of friends walk by me and stare, but who is going to take a fat girl to the movies anyway? At least I get to see the movies that I want. I have been really broke for a while now--I am finishing my Masters, so at least at some point I will have some money, but I sold plasma last night, and instead of groceries I think I just might throw on my white hat and hit up a movie today. Thank you so much for this blog, it is my inspiration!

----Email Message----
I am from England, and am a close follower of Post Secret.I am just emailing to say what a good idea the white hat is. But sadly it has not taken off in England yet, I'm not sure of post secrets English community, I've never looked into it I just read the secrets posted every sunday.I will be going to the movies next week, I'll be wearing my white hat but it's so sad that no one else in the cinema will know why I am motivated to wear it.

----Email Message----
Subject: Movie theater worker

Hi!

I work concessions at a movie theater, and while I can't wear a hat during work, I will definitely keep an eye out for any white hatters, especially if they come to concessions. Hopefully I will have the nerve to say hi and "I like your hat" or something. If anyone knows what I mean by that, hopefully they will verify that with a smile and a comment so I know I haven't just made a fool of myself! I'm really excited to see if anyone in my area does this, though. I'm going to be keeping an eye out at work on Saturday (4-Close~).

Even as someone who actually works there...I feel the same way as the postcard creator. Thank you for creating this blog, it'll be really fun if this phenomenon does spread.

----Email Message----
Subject: Another e-mail of support

I just want to thank you for what you're doing here. I'm really lonelyon the weekend sometimes, but I don't go out, because I just feelpathetic. Maybe next time I'm lonely, I'll go out. And if I do, maybeI'll wear a white hat.

Thanks for reminding me that I'm okay.

----Email Message----
Subject: i dont know what to put as a subject.

i've been thinking about what to write to you for a while.and honestly, i still dont even know what to right.yet, i find myself sitting here at 12:34 in the morning, cryingmy eyes out. in probably the past 3 years i've maybe gone tothe movies with friends once. i've never had the courage togo out to places alone, because i think people may think ima freak or something. but knowing the rest of you are outthere, with your white hats, gives me a convidnce i never knewi had. tomarrow, im going to the movies alone. and im goingto proudly ware a white hat. maybe someone will talk to me,maybe they wont. but i know i'll be there. you'll never knowhow much this truly means to me.

the white hat people gave me the strength i needed.

----Email Message----
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 01:11:20 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Thank you
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com

I just wanted to say thank you. For everything: strength, security,
faith
in humanity. Just, thank you.

----Email Message----
i had planned all week to join the white hatters at the theater. i was even going to see the rocky horror picture show with a white hat on afterwards.

but my friends made plans for us that don't include any alone time for me.

i love them, but they suffocate me.

-----Email Messge----
I'm too young to go to the movies alone yet, so my best friend and I plan on wearing white hats to the movies together. I certainly hope that people aren't just going by themselves, and that the idea of going with a friend and both wearing white hats is helpful to people living in big/dangerous cities as I do.
-Missouri (Seriously. The cities are dangerous. Even in Missouri.)

-----Email Message----
Subject: white hat
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com

im not going to the movies alone tonight.and i dont have a white hat.but if i see someone with a white hat on all alone, i'll feel a little better about this world.