Fri Dec 29
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Saturday, December 30, 2006
::::We're looking for some pictures to post on the site. Take one of you in your white hat, or maybe just your hat, or of people you meet with white hats. Send them in and I'll get them posted. :) -Becky
-
----Email Message----
Subject: Albuquerque, NM
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006

I recently moved to Albuquerque to start grad school, and so far making new friends has been slow going. I finally have my own white hat, and New Year's Eve will be my first chance to wear it to the movies. I'm so
excited! I've never felt uncomfortable going to movies alone, but the chance of meeting someone new and interesting makes it thrilling!

Albuquerque, NM

Los amigos no se escogen. Ellos te escogen a ti; o se los reschaza o
se los
acepta sin reservas.



----Email Message----
Subject: WHP in SD
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 20:06:33 -0600

I end up going to the movies after work sometimes at the cheap seats theatre just a block away from my work. I don't mind going to the movies alone now, but when I first started, there was the awkwardness of feeling alone
and that everyone is looking at you judging you harshly. But you know, seeing the shows you want when you can is great! And I've gotten the theatre to start a few shows just for me because I was the only one who showed up
at that showing!
I put my white hat (kind of a fancy fur looking hat) in my car the other day. Now when I go to the movies, I'll be sure to put it on!
-South Dakota



----Email Message----
Subject: white hat=?
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com

i do not own a white hat. i asked for one for christmas, but nobody knew why i wanted one, so that didn't happen. however, i got a white scarf. so i guess i could wrap it around my head? haha. no, i'm all set, i don't need a white turban. but i do have a white headband. every time I feel alone, i'd gonna wear that headband. school, airport, just at home? whenever. if you ever see a girl alone in a white headband, talk to them. make them less alone.

Love,
a girl in...
austin, tx



----Email Message----
Subject: To the White Hatter in Liverpool, UK.
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006

I think meeting is a really good idea, though maybe it will take away a little from the suprise of meeting someone in a cinema who is wearing a hat. I went to the cinema tonight with friends, and saw no White Hatters, it's a Wednesday though, and I wasn't really looking. Maybe next time I want to see a film that no one else wants to I'll go alone. It's nice knowing that people close to me are involved in this too, maybe if I'm in a cinema in Liverpool one time I'll see you, only half an hour away.
Chester, UK.



----Email Message----
Subject: thank you so much.
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006

This whole idea makes me so amazingly happy. Friendships, inspirations, courage.
I don’t own any white hats & I never thought I look good in them. but im going to buy one & im going to wear it. I also have never gone to a movie alone in my life. I am only a teen, but I find this idea intriguing. I often see people alone in movies, & I have always had the strange urge to speak to them, meet them. Well, you have given me courage & I will speak to you, just make sure to wear your white hat or headband. I will find you, the one I have been looking for, & maybe we can wear our white hats together.

Love from Dayton , MN ,
~me~



----Email Message----
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com
Subject: To White Hats in England

I just started going to university in Scotland, and though I've made so many friends here it seems like no one ever feels as lonely as I do. I know you're all the way down south, but just the fact that you're on this little island with me makes me feel much less alone.

I'm going home for Christmas, but when I get back I'll be wearing my white hat to the movies here and thinking of you. Hopefully we'll both find someone else in the darkness to whom we can speak in whispers about loneliness and strength.

-Edinburgh