Thu Dec 21
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Double Sink Vanities by Greentea Design
Friday, December 22, 2006
I hope that plenty of you get a chance to go to the movies on Saturday, and I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend. Thank you all again for sharing your stories. Being a part of the White Hat Stories has made this Christmas season extra special. I know it will be a busy weekend, but I'm going to wear my white hat all weekend, and I'll be thinking of you.
-Becky

----Email Message----
I have been searching for him all my life. The music-lover, high-top wearer, & super sweet guy. & now, I wish for him to wear a white hat. I cant wait to meet him.

Look for me in my white headband, middle of the very back row in Champlin , MN . It was meant to be.


----Email Message----
Subject: A story


I woke up Saturday morning and read the whitehat blog. Suddenly wantednothing more in the world than to go to theatre in a white hat. But nomoney. And no hat.

So I went to Target and bought a $1.99 white hat. Ugly little thing,but it's white. Went to the matinee (do matinees count?) because itwas cheaper.

Saw one guy in a white baseball cap drive by as I entered the theatre.I stared at him, wondering if he was a white hatter. He looked backand smiled-- but I don't know if that's because he was a white hatteror because he thought I was checking him out.

No white hatters inside. Not suprising, because there aren't manypeople at a Saturday afternoon matinee to begin with. And the moviewasn't all that great.

Despite the lackluster first-time experience, I can't wait to try itagain. It was thrilling! Maybe I can save up a few more dollars and goon a Saturday night. Dayton, Ohio-- you need to get out your whitehats and see more movies, I think. :o)

--The One With the Bright Pink Line Around the Bottom ofHer White Hat.


----Email Message---
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com
Subject: First time loner

I went to the movies this weekend alone which is something I haven't done since I was a teenager, about a decade ago. I looked for other White-hatters and didn't see any but I hope they are out there somewhere. I hope one day I'll meet another like myself.

I have to say that going to the theater alone was wonderful! I encourage others to do it. I wouldn't have gone at all if it wasn't for this blog.

I'll be looking every Saturday morning for others like me in Tampa, FL.


----Email Message----
Subject: white hats at Christmas
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:48:06 -0600

I work at a very small movie theater in Lewisville, TX with very few customers and i usually work Saturday afternoons rather than evenings, so I have not yet had a white hat encounter. However, I will be working 5:30 - close on Christmas Day. My family lives in Austin and most of my friends from school have gone home for the break, so it's been a pretty lonely Christmas season so far. It would certainly be a great Christmas present to see a white hat or two, and to know I'm not as alone as I feel.


----Email Message----
Subject: who knew a hat could change the world
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:40:59 -0500

i have missed the first two white hat saturdays what with finals to study for then mom wanting to spend the evening with me but today (i know its is only Wed and not Saturday) i wore my white hat all day and it was great, i didn't met anyone but i didn't really expect too but it was nice knowing that it was okay for me to be out all on my own and everyone was extreamly nice to me where ever i went. I even saw a movie this afternoon and sat proudly in my white hat though one of my favorite movies. i just want to thank the people that started this for what they have done and to prove that there is still some good in this world because sometimes it just feels like everyone hates each other over the stupidest things and in the end we are all just lonely people who just want to meet someone new and start up a conversation, maybe learn something about ourselves while talking to them and now, because of the white hats, those people who feel the same way can find each other all the easier. Thank You


----Email Message----
Subject: thank you
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:42:00 -0600

I live in a very small town so I didn’t see the point of even trying to go to the movies closes to me because...there was no way I was going to be able to see even one whp. I guess it was because the people that know about whp are my friends...and that wasn’t exciting enough for me, so I decided I wasn’t going to even try, but yesterday I went to the bookstore where I purchased my first Postsecret book, and was looking for the newest one. I found it finally, and I look inside and the first thing I notice is the missing stickers from the book, so I look around on the covers and the pages, and found everyone of them randomly placed among the book…I started feeling so many emotions, it was crazy. Right there in the middle of the isle I started crying, but it wasn’t just because I knew someone had looked at this same book and had probably felt many of the same emotions, it was because I knew there were other people, other than my friends, who read Postsecret, just as much as I do. I felt like nothing could make me fall again, Nothing could ever take this feeling away because I knew there was someone close to me, someone who felt the same as me, maybe even someone who feels emotional attached to Postsecret like me. I guess it does seem like maybe this person ruined the book, but in my heart they just made me feel like someone cared for me again. Thank you for doing that. I don’t even know you and I have already begun to love you. You are truly amazing. Oh! And this Saturday I’ll be at the late show looking for you. : ]


texas



----Email Message----
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com
Subject: Waiting with a White Hat

After reading through so many of those, I realize that there are many more out there other than myself that go to movies alone. At times, I go for the movie, and other times I go just to see if anyone random will say "Hello!" to me. Only once has someone said something to me, and all I did was say "Hello!" back.

I am not sure what the next movie I will see is, nor which theater I am going to see it in, but wherever it is that I go, and whichever one I choose to view, I will be waiting...

Waiting with a White Hat

--- Layton, Utah




----Email Message----
To: thewhitehatpeople@yahoo.com

First off I want you to know that what you have done,, bringin all these people together, is amazing and truely beautiful. I would also like to say that people need to stop worrying about what other people think. Who cares if you go to a movie alone, people are going to be paying attention to the movie not weither or not you're sitting with someone. I am 15 and I live in Vegas, my parents wont let me go to the movies alone, I have to go with friends. I envy you who have the oppourtunity to do this and if you have the opportunity and the want to do this, then do it!